Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing is a recognized global leader in the production and co-packing of Popping Corn, Microwave Popcorn and Ready-to-Eat Popcorn for numerous national brands, private label partners as well as all the beloved Pop Weaver branded items.
Benefiting from over 90 years and four generations of the Weaver family's expertise in the popcorn industry, Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing operates the world's largest microwave popcorn manufacturing facility and utilizes state-of-the-art equipment to also produce both air and wet pop ready-to-eat popcorn. The Associates at Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing remain focused on the company's mission - to offer the world's highest quality, best-tasting popcorn at the lowest possible price.
A Team Leader is responsible for overseeing teams of employees and motivating them to complete their job duties effectively. Their duties include training new employees and providing Team Members with daily objectives, developing, and implementing reward systems to motivate employee productivity and communicating with upper management to determine the best methods for meeting business goals.
· Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures
· Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality
· Ensure that products and goods manufactured meet quality standards obtainable in the industry
· Motivate workers to enhance production quantity and at the same time maintain high production standards
· Check finished products to ensure quality, and that industry standards are met before they are declared ready for use
· Keep records of workers attendance and performance
· Keep records of equipment, budgets, deliveries, and supplies, and make them available to management for evaluation
· Basic mechanical work experience
· Must be safety cautious
· Strong ability to motivate, lead, and give directions to team members
· Have good time management skills
· Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively with all members of a diverse team
· Solid knowledge of machine capabilities and manufacturing
· Exceptional ability to read, understand, and interpret production blueprints accurately
· Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively relate with team members and management
· Excellent organizational skills and profound ability to schedule multiple activities and resources for efficient and effective utilization
· Solid knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
Improvement practices and procedures
· Strong experience with machining or/and manufacturing process
· Possess experience working as a supervisor.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision group health care coverage, life insurance, long- and short-term disability income continuation, and education reimbursement … along with a 100% match of your 401(k) deferrals … up to 10% of your earnings! Your group health eligibility begins on the first day of the month following your date of employment.
Weaver Popcorn Associates share a principle-centered mission of safety and quality: A commitment to themselves, their fellow Associates, and their company. Associates are required to wear a mask or face shield while in the facility.
Weaver Popcorn Manufacturing, Inc. (“Weaver”) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status, unless such status constitutes a bona fide occupational qualification. Weaver will comply with its legal obligation to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and for religious beliefs.
This available job is a full time position located in Van Buren, IN.